The 50th Anniversary of Humanae Vitae
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Bulzacchelli discuss the cultural and ecclesial circumstances surrounding the advent of the encyclical Humanae Vitae. We discuss:
- The Lambeth Conference of 1930
- The commission which advised Pope Paul VI
- The idea of democracy in belief
- The Charles Curran affair
- The question of what is at stake when it comes to contraception
For a little more cultural context, here is an article highlighting the major events that occurred in 1968.