Dr. Bulzacchelli on Pope John Paul II
In this episode, Jason talks with Dr. Richard Bulzacchelli about John Paul II. We focused on other aspects of JPII’s legacy other than the common ones you usually hear like ending communism, Theology of the Body, etc.
Dr. Bulzacchelli breaks down two of St. John Paul II’s contributions to theology namely his personalistic approach and his somewhat controversial use of the phenomenological method.
- JPII’s place within 20th century popes
- JPII’s Personalistic Approach to Theology
- Can personalism build on Thomstic Metaphysics?
- What is Phenomenology?
- JPII’s Phenomenological Method
Mentioned in this episode are the following resources:
- Person and Being by Norris Clark, S.J. – https://www.amazon.com/
Person-Aquinas-Lecture-Norris- Clarke/dp/0874621607/ref=sr_1_ 1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530538519&sr=8- 1&keywords=person+and+Being
- Peter Kreeft on A Personal Thomism (Video Below) https://youtu.be/FwWI4PkLpkY, PDF version – http://robertaconnor.
blogspot.com/2013/09/a-non- formated-pdf-by-peter-kreeft- on.html
Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes or Google Play to get future episodes!