Dominicans vs Franciscans: Universals and the Struggle for the Medieval Mind
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Smith discuss the idea of Universals and trace its development in Medieval thought. We cover:
– Plato and the Idea of Universals
– Universals and Particulars
– Christians and universals
– How do we access universals?
– St. Thomas and knowledge
– The Franciscan development
– Ockham and Nominalism
– “Social Constructs”
– The Importance of Medieval Philosophy
You might like
WIMP: Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy
Join us for this free 5-part mini-series as we reveal the Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy that have ruined the world and continue to drag humanity toward hell.