Justice, Part 2: Commutative Justice and Capital Punishment
In this second episode on justice, Jason and Dr. Smith finish discussing the distinctions of justice as laid out by St. Thomas and the topic of capital punishment. We discuss:
– Brief definition and overview of previous episode on the first two distinctions in justice
– What is commutative justice (part-part)
– Equal Exchange
– Natural and Acquired rights
– Acts opposed to commutative justice
– Just punishment
– Restoration of justice and retribution
– A just punishment is a good act
– Capital punishment – Are there crimes that could justify capital punishment?
You might like
WIMP: Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy
Join us for this free 5-part mini-series as we reveal the Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy that have ruined the world and continue to drag humanity toward hell.