Plato’s Republic: Justice, the Organization of Society, and the Allegory of the Caves
In this episode, Dr. Smith and Jason explore Plato’s classical text, The Republic. We cover:
– Is it better to live justly or unjustly?
– Glacoun’s argument for an unjust society
– Plato’s definition of justice and why justice is good
– The guardians of a just society
– The Philosopher-King and the modern politician
– The Allegory of the Cave and Modern Society
You might like
WIMP: Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy
Join us for this free 5-part mini-series as we reveal the Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy that have ruined the world and continue to drag humanity toward hell.