Episode 112 – Lessons from the Trial and Death of Socrates
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Smith discuss lessons to be learned from the trial and death of Socrates. We cover:
– Historical background
– Transition to democracy from Aristocracy
– The Sophists, rhetoric, and relativism
– The Socratic method.
– The importance of asking questions
– The Trial
– Philosophy helps the city
– Is there a tension between politics and philosophy?
You might like
WIMP: Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy
Join us for this free 5-part mini-series as we reveal the Worst Ideas in Modern Philosophy that have ruined the world and continue to drag humanity toward hell.